Posted: Discussion 05/02/2017. Item: Business Outcomes (discussion)
After completing the accelerator, business owners should be able to:
- Understand the path towards capitalization and how to execute an action plan relevant to the business development timeline and available resources of founder.
- Evolve the business from initial idea into an actionable Go-to-Market strategy.
- Explain their Unique Value Proposition through three different mediums: an elevator pitch, a video pitch, and a pitch slide deck.
- Demonstrate competency in using micro-blogging, internet marketing, and social media engagement strategies for core lead generation and PR processes.
- Illustrate storytelling, storyboarding, and basic selling techniques through final pitch presentations on Demo Day.
- Utilize low-cost guerrilla-marketing techniques for identifying customers and attracting initial capital from a crowd of donors, sponsors, and/or investors.
- Identify the proper legal and financial due diligence steps that need to be taken in order to launch a low-risk fundraising campaign.
- Determine the appropriate sources of capital for their business venture.
- Deliver an effective presentation during Demo Day that reflects the financial numbers a
Posted: Discussion 05/01/2017. Item: Course work.
Coursework will include a variety of case studies and “live design” exercises chosen to reinforce key business strategies associated with angel investing, crowdfunding, and capital formation best practices. In-class work will include individual research and collaborative group exercises, guest speakers, video tutorials, mini-lectures, panel discussions, and interactive discussions. Out-of-class work includes market testing and surveying, public pitching at networking events, and direct sales trials, which are assigned in order to reinforce strategies discussed in class.